Co-Location (also known as colo) is the practice of renting space for your servers and other computing hardware at a third-party provider’s data center facility. Typically, colocation services include the building in which everything is housed, as well as networking, physical security, redundant power and redundant cooling components, which will support either your own hardware or hardware provided by Alef to run your systems.
Relying on a colocation data center allows you to eliminate the capital expenditures (CAPEX) of building and maintaining your own facility while allowing you to retain ownership and complete control of your physical servers. In addition to facility cost, it also reduces the requirement to have additional staff to support 24x7x365 monitoring & maintenance.
Alef colocation services help you to safeguard your mission-critical data with the highest levels of security and operational requirements, we can help you configure and support your IT systems with our in-house experts. Our team can recommend, design and deploy the right cage, suite and server cabinet solutions to meet your requirements for physical security and power usage
Our local customer care team is your partner in making sure you get the most out of your investment in Alef. We are ready to support you every step of the way, from installation to the day-to-day running of your data center operations. We offer comprehensive customer care services that are designed to meet your needs and align with your business objectives.
Co-location may be right for your organisation if:
- You are happy with your existing equipment, but struggling with the physical requirements – power, cooling, etc
- Your organisation is expanding, and either needs the physical space currently occupied by your servers/staff, or needs additional space for your servers.
- You have regulatory or other requirements that specify standards for data or server security that you are unable to meet directly.
- You require more stringent security for your servers than you are unable to provide directly.
- The cost to provide redundant power 24x7x365 for your IT systems is too high to support your IT footprint, Alef can provide single U space to multiple racks to ensure your IT systems are available at all times. One of the main advantages of colocation is that it results in significant cost savings especially when measured against managing a data center in-house. This means that for many companies, renting the space they need from a data center offers a practical solution to ever-shrinking IT budgets. With colocation, there is no need to worry about planning for capital expenditures such as UPS (uninterrupted power source), multiple backup generators, power grids, HVAC units and security controls. Apart from these capital expenditures, there are also ongoing maintenance costs associated with maintaining and managing an in-house server.
- You need to provide an off-site location to store data, we can offer data replication services and use our facility as a sand-box environment
- Our key is redundancy and reliability. The layers of redundancy we offer at our data center colocation are far more complex than many companies can afford in-house. You will receive confidence that your IT systems are available at all times.